Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Accidentally set up security/password for internet? Help!!?

I came over to my mom's today and I wanted to use my laptop with her wireless router. It's an unsecured network so I connected to it, then it asked for the pin of the wireless router (Belkin). So I type that in and set it as a home connection then the next screen gives me this long crazy password. Then my brother tried to connect to the internet on his laptop and it required the password (it never asked for one before) Also, the connection was called LAURA-PC which is my computer. How do I change it so no password is needed and my computer isn't the name of the network. I have Vista, thanks soo much!Accidentally set up security/password for internet? Help!!?
Reset it to the name and WEP key on the modem / router (on the back or bottom) and let everybody know.

No comments:

Post a Comment