Monday, August 16, 2010

Having problems settings up my network/Router?

Hi, I am having big problems trying to get a wireless network set-up. I am a real beginner so some of these questions are probably real stupid but I am trying everything and getting nowhere. Please help! I have a PC XP SP3 and trying to connect with a laptop Vista home edition.


I have a Netgear Wireless G-Router WGR-624. Here goes...


1. I think I have installed the Router correctly on the PC, and the USB adapter is on there too. Is this right, i.e. the adapter on the PC (I call it the ';central computer';) or do I need to install it on the laptop too? Or even run the Install Disk on Other Computers on my network to (I may an on old PC on to it in the future, too)


I do not have or know what the NIC or PCA (?) cards are; is this is what I am missing? I have read about MAC addresses - do I need these, but how do I find it...told you I knew nothing...





I really will be mega grateful as I've being trying since Christmas for this. Netgear support are no good.


I may be a few days in replying as I am real busy at work, so don't think I am not grateful or ignoring you.





So to sum up - how do you install a router on each machine, and when you've done that, how can I get online wirelessly? Basically I just want to use my laptop in a different room etc.





T H A N K Y O U !!! You really will not know how much this will mean to be (oh, and you'd better use little words to, but I guess you've worked that out from what I've written... :) thankyou everyone


MarkHaving problems settings up my network/Router?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using鈥?/a>
  • business loan
  • hot myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment