Monday, August 16, 2010

How Do I Set up my wireless internet connection?

Hi everyone





So today I did a dual boot on my laptop with vista and windows xp. Everything turned out fine as far as both operating systems are concerned, but now I'm having a different problem. When I log onto Windows XP, I can't get onto my wireless internet. I already have the network and stuff set up in my home and I have no problem connecting to the network under Windows Vista, but I can't get it set up under XP. Can someone please help me with this and tell me how to do it,





Thank youHow Do I Set up my wireless internet connection?
Did you download and install the drivers for your wireless for XP. Unlike Vista and Windows 7, XP does not install them. Go to the manufactures web of you computer, locate your model and locate and install your drivers. You may also what to check your Device manger in XP to make sure you have all the other drivers installed.





Do not install them you your Vista System. You will have to save them to a flash drive or burn them to a CD. Then run XP and then install them.





Good Luck





The Old Computer Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment