Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you input the network address for a specific user in on a specific computer on a wireless network?

I want to share my pictures folder on my PC with my laptop so I can synchronize them, but where no one else on the network can access them. I've already set up the folder on my laptop to use advanced sharing, but I don't know what to put in the address bar where you add a specific user to set permissions. How do you write that?





I'm running windows vista home premium on my laptop, and windows XP on my PC. I prefer using the PC to access the laptop, not vice versa.How do you input the network address for a specific user in on a specific computer on a wireless network?
Try putting the name of the computer. It can be found in the same window that the workgroup is set in. Can be found under Control Panel/System. Another thing is set up yor own workgroup and do not allow the other users to have admin rights to the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment