Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I share a USB external hard drive through my home network?

I have an external hard drive on my Vista 64-bit system, and want to share it with my Vista 32-bit system. What I can do is set the hard drive to share (which I did by right clicking the drive, clicking share, clicking advance sharing, then checking the box ';Share this folder';). Now I can SEE the hard drive on my 32-bit system, but what I can't do is access it. All that comes up is a network error with error code: 0x80070005. I tried changing the security to ';Everyone'; but this didn't work either.





Any suggestions anyone???How can I share a USB external hard drive through my home network?
try checking to make sure your inhertance is set right , also you should check your network and sharing center and make sure its configured right. another thing is to set your share permission to full control and regulate your permissions through the security tab, which is the common practice when sharing and remeber that you combine the share and security permissions and it will be the most restrictive wins if that makes any since to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment