Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Need help regarding home networking and file sharing...?

Hi there. I am using both Hamachi VPN and a half-functioning LAN network in my home with an XP PC and Vista Laptop.





I would really like to play network games like 'Multi Theft Auto; Vice City' but I am a right old idiot when it comes to computing...





Network is peer-to-peer THERE IS NO SERVER. How can I play network games (especially Multi Theft Auto).





If you can give me STEP BY STEP instructions to setting up Multi Theft Auto Vice City, I would be very grateful.





Any external links would also be helpful.





An advance thanks to all those who answer this question =)Need help regarding home networking and file sharing...?
Me and my brother link with Hamachi, once linked we simply run the games and say ';LAN'; game or local game.


Hamachi forms a VPN a virtual Private Network, so effectively if your running it on two computers in different houses it links you as if you were on the same network.





Hamachi basically removes the need for any special setup so we just link with that and play network games using the lan option and we're sorted, we've been doing this for several years and it works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment