Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I set up my laptop to connect to people pc 56k at one home & not mess up my settings at my other home?

I have 2 homes that I use my laptop at frequently, but not using wireless b/c i don't pick up any signal at either home. At my home with cable internet, it's easy b/c I just plug in the cable from the router. But at my other home there is only people pc dial up internet. First of all I don't even know how to connect in the first place b/c my network options only have msn, aol, blah blah. A friend of mine says I just need to go to the people pc website and download/install their software and then...connect any phone line in the house to my laptop and connect like I would the desktop?? Is that right? And another friend told me it would mess up things at my other home, like I wouldn't just be able to plug in the router and it automatically is connected. Oh and if it makes a difference my laptop has windows vista.How do I set up my laptop to connect to people pc 56k at one home %26amp; not mess up my settings at my other home?
a couple of things you can do here.


set up a different profile for the 56k modem connection, and then configure it. name the profile peoplepc.


from then on, when your laptop boots it will give you the choice of which profile to boot into - and each profile will already be preconfigured.


set up profiles by -





right click 'my computer' -%26gt; properties -%26gt; hardware -%26gt; hardware profiles -%26gt; copy. then configure the new profile and give it a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment