Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need to be able to share my printer with 3 computers?

I have a netgear WGT624 router that is set up correctly right now for my three computers (1 desktop, 2 laptops) I want to be able to share my printer and files with all three machines. How do I set up the home network. the 2 laptops are running xp and the desktop is running vista. The printer is a HP Deskjet 5420.I need to be able to share my printer with 3 computers?
Install the printer directly to any of the existing systems via USB cable and then share the printer.


For instructions about sharing the printer on a network, use the printer software CD


and follow the onscreen network setup instructions.I need to be able to share my printer with 3 computers?
it can be shared through an existing computer (the desktop probably) or you'll need a print server device that lets you hook up a printer as another networked device that can be accessed by all the PCs without needing to go through one. So only the PC you're on needs to be powered up.
run the share network printer feature on the computer that is directly connected to the printer. it will ask you to insert a disk to save a config file . load that config file on the other two computers and you should be able to print over the network. its eazy... p.m. me if you have any other questions

No comments:

Post a Comment