Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Help needed with vista wireless connection?

This has being troubling me for a long time, and it's finally getting onto my nerves and I'm determined to solve this. I have a HP Pavilion dv 6000 laptop with Win Vista Ultimate installed updated to service pack 1.





For some reason, every single time when I connect to my home wireless network it asks for both the SSID and the security key (passphrase). Even though I manually set up a network profiles under ';manage wireless networks';, but for some reason this little bugger just refuses to save the SSID and security for my network.





It's also worth mention that my home network is non-broadcasting, i.e. it shows up on the available networks as ';Unnamed Network';.





Does anyone knows how to fix this so I don't have to keep typing in the SSID and key everytime when I start my computer and have to connect to the wireless network. Much appreciation to any help offered, I'm just so frustrated about this whole thing.Help needed with vista wireless connection?
Since your home network is non-broadcasting, Vista needs to know what network to connect to, therefore it has to ask you. If you do not want to continue to provide the information you need your home network to broadcast its SSid.

No comments:

Post a Comment