Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I wireless share a printer between xp and vista? ?

I have a desktop with windows xp home... I just bought a dell xps laptop with vista.... I want to be able to print from my laptop without plugging in the printer everytime... what do i need to do? I set up a workgroup network but when I try to access the computer a warning comes up and says i do not have access?How do I wireless share a printer between xp and vista? ?
The ideal solution is to have the printer attached to the network rather than to the desktop. There are wireless adapters for this purpose (I have one by Belkin). However, it should still be possible to leave the printer attached to the PC, as long as you have printer sharing enabled. You will also need the appropriate Vista printer drivers on the laptop.How do I wireless share a printer between xp and vista? ?
what you need to have is wireless networking in your house and have it password protected then you have to have the correct driver on each system which should be able to download off the manufactures website then install it into the vista system then do the find a printer search and use choose the ip address and use your ip from your wireless network and it should find it





i did this when the printer was hooked up and hardwired to the xp system
there is 2 things that you could do:


1. get print server (if your printer is not wireless enabled) connect it to network and then connect computers you need to network


2. connect printer to computer and use printer sharing option (only print when computer printer connected to is on)





I am using 1st option and like it more but I also used 2nd option but didn't liked it
You need a printer that has wireless built in, or an external wireless printer interface. The signal has to get to the printer somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment