Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I set up this wireless connection?

A friend is renting me a room in thier home. I just moved in. She has an AT%26amp;T 2701HG-B 2wire to connect directly to the internet from her WinXP Pro 2002 SP3 desktop PC . She also has no problem connecting wirelessly from her vista laptop. MY laptop has no problem finding her wireless network. I can even log on with limited connectivity. However, I still get no internet. What gives? I tried backing up a new network settup wizard to a thumb, but it wouldn't work. Can someone shed some light on the scenario?How do I set up this wireless connection?
If you are connecting with ';Limited or no connectivity'; , you may be putting in the wrong WEP/WPA key. But If you get connected and can ping by ip and not domain name, try manually setting your dns. To do this, you go into the tcp/ip properties and set the primary dns to a dns server such as 4.2.2.6 or 208.67.222.222How do I set up this wireless connection?
turn of the modem and router and back on again, restart your computer

No comments:

Post a Comment