Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Difficulties connecting to home wireless internet?

I often have difficulties connecting to my home wireless network. The connection wizard shows a full strength signal (not surprising since I live in a tiny apartment and the computer is always in the same room as the wireless router) and the computer has the correct password for the network.





I try to connect and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If I try the ';Diagnose and Repair'; option that it gives me it doesn't come up with any problems yet sometimes I have to try 10+ times before it connects and occasionally I just end up rebooting the machine when I lose patience with it. I'm running Vista Home Premium on my laptop.





Any tips or tricks that anyone can offer on how to get this to work better? Everything is set up correctly yet it still doesn't work quite right.Difficulties connecting to home wireless internet?
check your hardware. i've seen some old routers and laptop wifi cards give me similar problems. also if you live in a place that has a lot of networks around it may make it more difficult for your laptop to connect.Difficulties connecting to home wireless internet?
Re-install your wireless network drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment