Monday, August 16, 2010

Vista peer to peer network?

How do I set up a peer to peer network in Vista Business? I have 2 PCs running XP pro and 1 running Vista Business. The 2 XP PCs are connected to a peer to peer network (Mshome) through a wireless router, which in turn is connected to a cable modem for internet access. The two XP PCs work just fine and I can share files and printer as well as connect to the internet. The Vista PC connects to the internet through the same wireless router as the XP PCs but does not see them. How do I setup the Vista PC so that I can share files and printers with all of the computers on my home peer to peer network?Vista peer to peer network?
Left click on Start


Right click on Network


Left click on Properties





Turn on Network discovery


Turn off Password protected sharing





-tcw





Is every PC on the same Network workgroup?





And on the other PC is there a shared folder?





e-mail me and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment