Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Shutting down PC's over home network, what am I doing wrong?

I have 2 desktops and 2 laptops on my home network. I know all admin user names and password on these pc. The home network is over a router.





My laptop is windows 7, 1 desktop is xp, other 2 are vista


I plan to create a batch file beneath and running when I need/want to shutdown all the computers.


Commands


shutdown 鈥搈 \\192.168.0.2 鈥搒


shutdown 鈥搈 \\192.168.0.3 鈥搒


shutdown 鈥搈 \\192.168.0.4 鈥搒


shutdown 鈥搈 \\192.168.0.5 鈥搒





I been trying with the vista computer with the command





shutdown 鈥搈 \\192.168.0.3 鈥搒





I get response access denied (5)





I tried in windows explorer typing in





\\192.168.0.3





';enter network password';


I type the username and password and it does not work.


For domain I saw my computer name and I don't think that's right how do I fix that?





Anyway for me to rework how my system is set-up so I can do things remotely over command prompt?Shutting down PC's over home network, what am I doing wrong?
I wouldn't use batch files, too hard to make correctly. There is a free program called ultra vnc that you can access any pc with the program installed that is on your network and shut it down from there. It will bring the pc you are accessings desktop up on your main desktop remotely.





Heres the website: http://www.uvnc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment