Friday, August 20, 2010

How to fix problem to reconnect my laptop after it sleeps or hibernate to a belkin router?

Hello.


I just set up a home network with a belkin router, the internet connection comes from a cablemodem and then goes to the router, from the router I have a ethernet cable to a desktop computer running XP and I have another computer wireless connected running Vista. After the laptop sleeps or hibernates, does not connect again to the router and I have to reset the laptop to reconnect.





I would appreciate if somebody assist me, pls, so I dont have to restart my coputer after it sleeps or hibernates.





Thank you!How to fix problem to reconnect my laptop after it sleeps or hibernate to a belkin router?
I have a Dell deminsion 5150, hooked to a Belkin router that is having this exact same issue. When my system comes out of standby, I lose my wireless connection.





When I say ';lose'; I mean it disapears from my notification area, and from my Network Connections folder. If I disable ';Password protect when coming out of standby or hybernate'; option, I don't go to the Welcome Screen, but directly to my desktop. When I watch very closely, I can initially see the wireless connection icon in the notification area, and then it just vanishes. It goes ';poof';.





In order to recover my connection, I have to pull out my adapter, and then plug it back in, then the connection reapears without an issue.





There are not any errors or entries in Event Viewer, except for the disconnect and reconnect I do manually. I checked before I disconnect and then reconnect it manually, so I know for sure.





Now, I have another system with the exact same setup, a Belkin adapter hooked up wirelessly to the Belkin router. It does not do this. It is an HP, so I wonder what is going on here?





Now I have read your question I think I need to stop believing this is a Belkin issue, and begin phoning hardware support at Dell.





I am sorry I do not have an answer to your question, but maybe a phone call to your computer manufacturer is in order too. I have the most current bios update, and this has been occurring since I bought the system. I kept hoping a bios update would corrrect the issue, and then thought it might be the adapter or routers problem, but I see now that it isn't.





Good luck and if you find an answer, would you please consider taking the time to let me know? I will do the same with you.How to fix problem to reconnect my laptop after it sleeps or hibernate to a belkin router?
It has something to with the power saving settings of the laptop or the driver of your card. Call your laptop manufacturer and get them to adjust your settings.





Hope this will help. =)
You can disable or turn off your wireless and the enable to turn it back on. Lots of laptops have a button to turn wireless on and off. That should do it. You should also close your browsers, Internet explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment