Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I arrange for my laptop to wirelessly use my home printer? Laptop-Vista, Home Computer XP...?

My friend uses a program called ';network Magic'; to do this, but I hear there's an easier FREE way to set this up.





Also important to note...I have VISTA (hate it, but I'm stuck with it) on my laptop...but XP on my home computer. So if you're going to give instructions, keep that in mind.





So how do I set it up so that i can click ';File, print'; on my laptop, and have it WIRELESSLY print to my home computer???


(And yes...I have a wireless router. Wireless internet is fully capable on my laptop. SBC is the internet provider).How do I arrange for my laptop to wirelessly use my home printer? Laptop-Vista, Home Computer XP...?
Hi, sorry for not answering this question but can you help me with something?


I liked an answer that you gave to someone else about his problem with not liking anything and losing a GF after 2 weeks.


How do you know so much about that?


Can you email me at krushae@yahoo.co.nzHow do I arrange for my laptop to wirelessly use my home printer? Laptop-Vista, Home Computer XP...?
On your desktop, go to 'Printers and Other Hardware' under Control Panel. Right click on whichever printer you want to share and select 'Sharing...' from the menu. Follow the prompts until it finishes. On your laptop, go to the Printers icon under Control Panel. Add a printer, select browse, then browse your network for your desktop and it'll show your printer there. Keep following the prompts and voila, you can wirelessly print. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment