Friday, August 20, 2010

Can someone please help me share my printer?

I am trying to share a printer, but I am very confused. The printer is not attached to any network, because it is not compatible with Wi-Fi, since it's an older printer. The printer is connected to a computer running Windows Vista Ultimate, and I am trying to install the printer on my Windows XP Media Center computer. I do have a home network, and printer sharing is enabled on both computers. How would I set up the printer on my Windows XP computer, when the printer is attached to a Windows Vista computer? I tried a lot of things, even Windows Help, but it didn't work. I am trying to share an HP DeskJet 970Cse. Both of the computers are connected to the same wireless access point. Can someone please explain to me step-by-step how I can do this?Can someone please help me share my printer?
The printer itself has to be networked adaptable and would work off either computer if so and could be set up to share. Check your printer's settings or it's manual to see if it can be networked. If not, HP has a kit that might work on your printer so it can be networked but it's pricey.Can someone please help me share my printer?
Here's what I have, 1 Mac, 1 PC, 1 Samsung Laser Printer, 1 Epson All in One Inkjet with Fax. I use both printers from each computer. I bought a Printer Share Switch from Amazon.com. I can add a 3rd device it needed. No software, just plug and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment