Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I take delete my home network and rebuild it?

My Family has a home network that hosts two desktops most of the time. It's a wired/wireless Network were my computer is the one that's wireless. I set it up and it's letting us use internet and all that but were having problems with other networking stuff like file sharing and transferring between the two computers. We also have a printer that is connected directly into the computer that is wired to the router and we would like to be able to share it. At one point it worked but quit after a matter of hours. Another issue is that it's not letting new computers to log into the network such as my Mom's work Laptop and my friends Laptop he brings over sometimes. I want to make sure I completely';destroy'; the current setup and rebuild it so it functions properly. Both computers are Vistas (one basic, one home premium) The current physical setup is Cable outlet, Modem, Router (Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO), Ethernet connection from router to the computer w/ printer, then a wireless connection with my computer which is using the Belkin Wireless USB AdapterHow can I take delete my home network and rebuild it?
Use a mix of static ip addresses and dynamic. check the setup page in the router for a maximum allowed connections setting.





If the printer is not direct to router use static address on computer it is connected to.





You'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment