Monday, August 16, 2010

Setting up VPN between a Vista and XP to play LAN Games over the Internet?

I'v tried hamachi, but it's not reliable at all times, nor is Garena (GG Client). I've found setting up a VPN but I don't know how to. How to setup a VPN Network between a Vista and XP, so I can play DoTA with it? I may also want to invite my cousins from another network, how do I do that? Please help me, I need DETAILED intructions, i have Windows XP SP2 and Vista Home Premium...Setting up VPN between a Vista and XP to play LAN Games over the Internet?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Networking and only works on a server! But anyway you can try it! I would suggest Networking the computers together with a crossover cable or using MSN Game Zone or a Server like that but this is how u set up a VPN on a XP Computer...





Setting up a host





1. On the desktop, right-click on My Network Places


2. Select Create a new connection


3. On the New Connection Wizard window, select Set up an advanced connection then Click Next


4. Select Accept Incoming connections. Click Next.


5. In the next window, you can select the other devices to accept the incoming connection. Click Next.


6.Select Allow virtual private connections and click Next


7. Select the users you want to allow to connect to your computer using the VPN connection Click Next


9. The next window allows you to install additional networking software for this connection After you choose your protocols and software, click Next.


10. Click Next and then click Finish to complete the process.





To set up a Client/Guest





1. On the desktop, right-click on Network Connections.


2. Select Create a new connection.


3.Select Connect to the network at my workplace then Click Next.


4.Select Virtual Private Network connection. Click Next.


5.Enter a name for the VPN connection then Click Next.


6.Select ';Do not dial the initial connection.'; Click Next.


7.Enter the IP address of the VPN server Click Next. (Host IP)


8.Select My use only. Click Next.


9.Check the ';Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop'; checkbox. Click Finish.





To connect to the VPN server, double-click on the icon and login with your user name information. You can now work/play as though you were working on a computer with all of your network resources, such as file and print servers will be accessible.





One common error you might encounter has to do with setting a proxy server in Internet Explorer. My ISP does not require me to use a proxy server when surfing the Web. But when I connect to the VPN server in my workplace, I am suddenly unable to connect to the Web. As it turned out, my company requires me to use a proxy server to connect to the Web. With the proxy server configured in IE, I am now able to connect to the Web. Check with your network administrator for proxy information, and how to set it up.





CAUTION


This is only for Server computers! It wont work if it is a peer to peer network! like i said use cables and a router/switch to connect computers together! Email me at cybot123321@hotmail.com if u need more help!





Hope this helps


Daniel
  • business loan
  • hot myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment