Friday, August 20, 2010

How do i access my Linksys BEFSR41 router settings?i've tried everything.it wont let my 360 connect to network?

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my PC, so i can share pictures/etc.


i have fallowed ALL the troubleshooting for both the 360's end, Windows Media Center, and my Windows Vista based computer (Home Premium).





i have checked my firewalls, and all i have is the basic Windows one on. i also fallowed the troubleshooting to double check i have it set to allow stuff to connect. so THAT'S ok.


i have Media Sharing on, under the Network and Sharing Center.


i have Network Discovery on.


Media Center Extenders is checked.


the firewall is NOT blocking all connections.


of course everything is plugged into the same router, the Linksys BEFSR41.





On Windows Media Center, im getting the message:





Extender Not Found


Setup could not find your Extender. Verify the following:


-Your Extender is on and connected to the same network as this computer


-Your setup key is correct


-Your firewall is set up to allow UPnP discovery





i have done all that, accept the UPnP thing. becuase i dont know what that means.


also, the Xbox 360 is saying to open certain ports on my router.





so after hours of searching, i have found MANY Answers saying i need to go to http://192.168.1.1/ and enter admin as the user name and password.


i have tried the following combination many times:


User Name: admin


Password: admin





User Name:


Password: admin





User Name: admin


Password:


and then i once read the User Name was username...i even tried that with admin password. AND NONE OF IT WORKED. never works.


i dont remember ever changing the password or User Name for it, so i dont know why its not letting me in.





im assuming i need to log in on http://192.168.1.1/ and change the settings on there to allow my 360 to connect to my PC.


my PC doesnt even see my 360 in the Network.


and one more thing, that i think i can change: my 360 keeps telling me my NAT is ';Moderate';...and it does effect me sometimes, stopping me from joining people.


(im thinking about just saying eff it and buy a new router)





HOW DO I FIX ALL THIS!How do i access my Linksys BEFSR41 router settings?i've tried everything.it wont let my 360 connect to network?
RESET BEFSR41 to FACTORY DEFAULT


=


Set router POWER ON.


-


Reset router: With a straightened paperclip, press RESET button 20-30secs.


-


Wait 60 secs.


===


Connect Modem [wired] to Router [wireless] to PC.


=


* DO NOT REMOVE POWER TO RESET NETWORK DEVICES *


-


Set router POWER OFF.


-


Reset modem: With a straightened paperclip, press RESET button momentarily.


-


Wait 60 secs.


-


Set router POWER ON.


-


Reset router: With a straightened paperclip, press RESET button momentarily.


-


Wait 60 secs.


--


PC Command Line:


-


Click [Start] - Click [Run...] - enter: cmd, Click [OK]


-


At the prompt (c:\.....%26gt;) enter: ipconfig /release, press [ENTER]


-


At the prompt (c:\.....%26gt;) enter: ipconfig /renew, press [ENTER]


-


TEST: Open Web Browser: Connect to Internet.


--


If SUCCESS: Repeat Steps after PC Command Line on other PCs.


-


If NO SUCCESS:


-


At the prompt (c:\.....%26gt;) enter: ipconfig /all, press [ENTER]


-


Ensure DHCP Enabled == YES


-


If IP Address == 0.0.0.0 OR 169.254.0.0 to 169.254.255.255, connect Modem [wired] to Router [wired] to PC and perform ALL steps again.


-How do i access my Linksys BEFSR41 router settings?i've tried everything.it wont let my 360 connect to network?
http://thisinget.standardregistrar.co


it


A very informative website you can also get much information in websi

No comments:

Post a Comment