Friday, August 20, 2010

Wireless Connectivity Lost??? (Adapter Problem)?

I have had a lot of problems with my wireless internet connection. With my Realtek LT8178B. i the whole point i set up a yahoo was to get this fixed. I have asked over 20 questions about it (FOR MORE INFORMATION INCLUDING IPCONFIG SEE MY QUESTIONS)





Problem:


Wireless Internet Connection disconnects to Limited Connectivity and/or drops all connections in my area. (about 5 local connections)


i have to restart my adapter (Fn + F10) to get my laptop connected again.





Information:


Laptop: Advent Laptop


O/S: Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2


Wireless Card (Intergrated/Built In): Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter





Tryed:


EVERYTHING - Reset Winsock, Upgraded, Installed Latest Drivers, Unistalled Adapter, Reinstalled Adapter, Changed Settings, Changed Channels, Upgraded Routers Firmware %26amp; Software, Disabled IPV6, Restored (But vista wouldnt let me restore to when it started, because i didnt take much notice and this was well over 3 months ago)


, EVERYTHING!!!!





What i do to solve the problem in short term:


Disable Adapter And Enable It. It lasts at the maximum 20 Minutes (After a restart %26amp; No activity) Average 5 Minutes (After Renabling it) Minimum - 30 Seconds (After Re-enabling It WITH ALOT OF ACTIVITY)








I use 2 routers (1 at my mums, and 1 at my nans) and they both play up the same!!! THEY HAVE FULL SIGNAL 100% I HAVE MY LAPTOP BASICLY NEXT TO THE ROUTER.





I know its my ADAPTER, nothing else.





What can i do?





PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO TRY AND HOOK UP VIA EITHERNET, I CANT.


AND DONT ASK ABOUT Windows Zero Config BECAUSE ITS NOT IN Sevices.msc








ARHHRHHHHGGG








1. What can i do to repair it myself???


2. How much (拢) will it cost to get it repaired/Replaced???


3. where can i get it repaired (UK Southampton)???


4. How much are adapters (External) (拢) at the cheapest???


5. What Could Have Caused it???


6. How can i restore to the point when i brought the laptop (KEEPING MY FILES AND SOFTWARE) without doing a system recovory???





Thanks





Sorry for the long question, please don't complain about the CAPS its soppost to help you =]Wireless Connectivity Lost??? (Adapter Problem)?
What it sounds like is actually not a problem in itself but can be a problem. The fact that you use 2 different routers sounds like the issue. When you connect to a residential router, your router assigns your adapter an IP address. Each router uses its own range of addresses. So when you connect to your mums router, that router assigns an address to your adapter. If connect to your nans router, then that router will assign you an address. The problem can lie when your going between routers and getting address. The address assigned from one router may conflict with the other router and may not work. Thats why when you reset your adapter you get a new address and then it seems to work. Thats the way wireless seems to connect automatically, but its not intelligent enough! The address assignment is suppose to make things easier for you and me. Now sorry if you already knew that.





Now if you do not have Windows Zero Config in your services, that could be a problem because that simplifiies and speeds up the process. That service should have been installed along with windows vista on your computer as it is a vital service.





I suggest backing up your documents and files that you can't afford to lose and then do system restore. If that does not restore the proper services then the only thing would be to reinstall windows. To do that you need your Vista CD. Let me know if you need help doing that. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this but thats another irritating factor about wireless technology and the services that windows should provide but doesnt. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment