Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I make home wireless network?

My Windows XP home computer has Verizon Internet and its connected with a Wirespeed Westell modem. In the Control Panel there is a Icon for a Wireless Network Setup Wizard. I have a Canon Pixma MX310 All In One(not wireless, is there a way to make it?) My Compaq Presario C500 Windows Vista Laptop has a Wireless LAN. What do I need to buy to set up a home wireless network?





by the way do I have to pay service for each computerHow do I make home wireless network?
Disregard the children that already have answered this question. They're ... grey-matter challenged.





It sounds like you'll need a wireless router that has Ethernet ports in addition to providing WiFi.





Luckily, that is pretty easy to come by.





You'll buy a wireless router that includes 4 (or more) Ethernet ports. Follow the directions in the user manual that probably will come on the CD that comes with the router and set up PPPoE on the router and Wireless security. I suggest setting up WPA2 security, since WEP and WPA can be cracked in as little as 60 seconds.





Once you've installed the router per the directions, you'll be able to use all of your wireless equipment and continue to connect your main computer view Ethernet connection.How do I make home wireless network?
In order to have a wireless network you need a wireless router.Belkin is inexpensive and great.(your choice of routers) Hook that to your desk top?to the modem) and run the laptop and desk tops(with a wireless card). to the router.Normally you can run up to 5 p.c's on your account with no issues.Start sharing music and files and off you go.
turn on wireless lan, right click network icon on taskbar %26gt; connect to a network %26gt; select your modem and connect
Don't know but I want to. I'ma stalk this question LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment