Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you password-protect a shared folder?

I'm setting up a network for a small business.





They used to have 2 HP / Compaq PCs running Windows XP (One has Home Edition and one Professional). They have just ordered another 2 PCs, which have Vista Home Premium. I am planning on using one of the old ones as a file %26amp; print server, which will also be connected to a shared backup drive.





I am, however, a bit anxious that, if somebody hacks in, they will have access to all of their files.





How do I make it shared folders password protected, so that you have to enter a password to get in. I used to do it with IIS I think, but I'm not sure.





Thanks in advance!How do you password-protect a shared folder?
surely you must have the same operating system throughout your network i can only forsee many problems arising here.


good luck with the vista.


it's already due to be replaced by windows 7 next year was the proposed date,


that makes me think that vista was only released as a test bed for windows 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment