Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I connect from one computer to the other wirelessly to share files?

I have 2 computers at home. One desktop and one laptop, and occassionally my friends drop by with their laptops. I have a wireless network setup and I've been able to transfer files between my two computers wirelessly in the past. I would usually go to the network pane and find my other computer on the network. The thing is that it's not there and I'm not sure why it comes and goes if the computers are across from each other in the same room. What settings do I need to mess with so that my desktop computer (running on vista with windows firewall) identifies my wireless laptop (running on XP with mcafee firewall), and I can get files from there. Thanks. :)





fyi: Step by Step instructions would help alot because I've already been through all the steps of setting up a Wireless Network..etc..


How do I connect from one computer to the other wirelessly to share files?
your looking for ssh.. ahh i had a good tutorial on it.. but download tightvnc or something and try googling a ssh tutorial..How do I connect from one computer to the other wirelessly to share files?
Your problems are because Windows sucks major A$$ when it comes to networking. The smallest upset, a new program, a new update etc can f up your network.





The best solution for networking n00bs is network magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment