Monday, August 16, 2010

Home Network Problems..........?

I am having a home network problem. I want to setup my printer as a network printer. The only way that I can do is if the Main PC is on and that is ok with me. I have two laptops, both HP, and running Windows Vista, the Main PC is running XP. I have did some research on how to set up everything and I do it right down to the very last detail, but no success. I can not even see the computers in ';My Network Places'; and I did make sure that the C:/ drive is being shared, even though I don't like doing that. I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G. I just want to print documents from my laptop to the main printer through the wireless network.Home Network Problems..........?
There's no need to share C:/ to use printer sharing. And it IS a bad idea. Need more details to help with the printer sharing though. First, can you see the shared printer from the XP box? If so then the problem is likely in the laptops. If not, in the XP box.Home Network Problems..........?
share your printer by right clicking on it and then use it from any where in ur home network.

No comments:

Post a Comment