Friday, August 20, 2010

What happened to the password/security on my Linksys broadband router

Setting up my wireless router with my Verizon dsl was easy, but I just switched to cable broadband. After I got everything set up with the new modem, my connection shows as an unsecured network without the name I assigned to it (now it just shows as 'linksys'). How do I fix this? I have Vista Home Premium. Any help is appreciated. What happened to the password/security on my Linksys broadband router
What you need to do is log into the router and change the settings.





From your web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox), enter 192.168.1.1. It will ask for a username and password. Enter ';admin'; (sans quotes) for both. (If it comes up saying it can't find 192.168.1.1, try 192.168.0.1)





Once you're in the interface, click on the ';wireless'; tab. Here you can change the network name (SSID). Under the security tab (Which should be on the row of links below ';wireless), you can enter a WEP or WPA key.





I'm sorry I can't be more specific. It has been a while since I used the WRT54G.
  • loan
  • microsoft
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment