Friday, August 20, 2010

Dad seems to have put a ';clamp'; on the bandwith. How to undo or reset this?

Last night I noticed the internet was acting extremely sluggish.


OS: Windows Vista Home Basic


Came home and turned on my computer, I had to reconnect to the home network, reinput the network key and resave it. My sister complained about the internet being extremely slow, too.


Often, the browsers cannot open the page and reads ';The webpage is not available';.


I believe my dad put some sort of restriction on the internet.


Here's our set up:


His computer is plugged directly into the modem. The modem connects to the router with the phone VoIP.


My sister and I connect wirelessly to the router.





HELP!Dad seems to have put a ';clamp'; on the bandwith. How to undo or reset this?
That could just be the router itself - whenever I use my desktop and my laptop at the same time (for downloading and playing games), it lags a lot.


What are you doing on the computer? That could be it too - streaming videos takes up a lot of bandwith right there.





If it was your dad, you're going to have to go to the router's settings by going to 192.168.1.1 (just type that in on your internet browser's address bar).


Hopefully your dad didn't change the password and user name (User name: %26lt;blank%26gt; and Password: admin - yse, the user name should be blank).


Go search around for your type of router and how to configure it through the settings online.Dad seems to have put a ';clamp'; on the bandwith. How to undo or reset this?
We really aren't Supposed to Help Kids out on How to Bypass there Dad's or Moms Internet Parental Control or Rounter Bandwith Problems.





i don't have Bandwith Problems Because my Dad Set my Internet Perfectly...





The only How is to get control of is Rounter but (Listen there is a Reset Button at the Buttom or at the Back of the Rounter Press it and it's going to Restore all the Old Stuff your Brothers/Sister and your IP Address is still going to be there but the Internet is going to be Offline wait for your Dad to get home then he will Have to Re-config it.
If you are ever able to log on to you dad's computer, restore its data to an earlier date. go.. start, my computer, control panel, and it's a link on the right. restore the computer to a date earlier than the block was installed and you problem should be solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment