Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Setting up Remote Desktop in Vista Business?

My friend has a small business and I am going to help him set up a small network but I need some help with remote desktop.





He has 1 desktop computer with Windows Vista business and One notebook with Windows Vista Business. He would like to access his desktop computer from his notebook when he is at home. How would I go about setting this up? Do I just need to port forward the desktop in the router? and then connect with his external IP address? Or is there more involved..





Thank you for the help!Setting up Remote Desktop in Vista Business?
there is an inbuild application named remote desktop connection which you can use for remote desktop


for complete detail on remote desktop follow the link


http://imtarun.blogspot.com/2008/12/remo鈥?/a>Setting up Remote Desktop in Vista Business?
u just need ip address and paasword of the computer.
First, he has to have a network to the computer from anywhere.


Second, on his laptop, got to start and then run and type in mstsc (I use Windows xp so I'm not sure if this is the same on vista)


Thirdly, Once the window opens, he can just choose the computer on the network and access it from his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment