Friday, August 20, 2010

Internet is connected and working, but won't connect in browser on Vista?

Hello,





I have an HP Pavilion a1720n with Vista Home Premium preloaded. This computer is almost 3 years old. Just recently, I opened up my internet (on IE, Firefox, AND Chrome) and when I try to navigate to an initial page, the progress bar says ';Waiting for %26lt;site%26gt;'; and never connects. I have reset all routers and my computer multiple times. I have even run the command prompt and ';ping-ed'; a website and all four pings come back positive. I have run multiple virus protection software and all scans have come back negative. I have even restarted the computer to ';Safe Mode with Networking';. When in this setting, the internet DOES actually work but virus scans in the mode still come back negative.





What is going on? How do I fix this?





Thank you all very much in advance.Internet is connected and working, but won't connect in browser on Vista?
My daughter had this problem with her daughter's account on her PC. It turned out to be the permissions for her daughters account and the firewall settings. Once we fixed these, there was no problem.





I hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment