Friday, August 20, 2010

My WRT54G2 Router (all of em) refuses to connect!?

I bought a WRT54G2 Linksys router to set up a wireless bridge network. I hooked it up correctly (I've set up enough routers to know how to set them up), and tried to connect. The only pages I can access are local pages, like the router set up page. I tried navigating to sites like facebook, hotmail, tried connecting the msn, nothing. So, I returned the router, and got a replacement. The new one was actually recognized by the computer (running vista), but still couldn't connect.





It should be noted that I have a D-Link DIR 655 and another linksys mini router that both work fine. Both set up fine in a minute.





Does anyone know why this particular model of router isn't working with my computer?





Specs:


Windows Vista Home Premium


AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+


3 GB RAM





I know most of that is probably irrelevant, but you never know.





Can anyone help?





ThanksMy WRT54G2 Router (all of em) refuses to connect!?
One suggestion is to clone the MAC address of one of the routers that works onto the new router. It's possible that your ISP only allows a small number of source MAC addresses to come in on your modem, so you're locked out whenever you try to connect a new router (with a new MAC address).





To do this, go to Setup %26gt; MAC Address Clone from the router's web interface.My WRT54G2 Router (all of em) refuses to connect!?
The bridge thing is what bothers me. To start if you connect your modem to this router's WAN port and another wire from one of the LAN ports directly to a computer, does the computer recognize the router and allow connection to the modem and internet? If the wired connection works then you usually need to click Start, My Networkds then ';setup home/office network'; and give it the SSID and security Key. Are you saying that then the router then will still not connect? If so I have seen people say that vista premium does not connect to some routers. Not sure I believe that and you have perhaps the most sold router in existence. I'd go to the Linksys website and start a service call. They have been very helpful to me in the past.


Now the Bridge thing needs some work. Do you mean a bridge between two routers? If so go to the Linksys website and download the instructions for this. Its not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment