Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Setting up wireless network for laptop?

I just bought a new laptop and I wanted to get wireless access through my home pc's modem and connection. I am using a 2wire modem on my home pc but i do not know how to set up the wireless connection with my laptop. I tried connecting the disconnecting the cable from the router to the laptop but a connection is not established. I'm using Windows XP on pc and WIndows Vista on laptop. Please help. thank youSetting up wireless network for laptop?
Is there an aerial on the modem?? Chances are it's probably just a cheap modem that the ISP gave you free? If it doesn't have an aerial you will need to go and buy yourself a wireless router which would set you back $50-$80 for a cheapish one.Setting up wireless network for laptop?
First off what operating system do you have? If you are on Mac I can't help you because I specialize in Linux and Windows.





For XP you have to go into your control panel and go into wireless network setup and it will guide you through the setup process. If it has a WEP it is probably written on the side near the back on your 2WIRE (I have one).





For Vista you have to go into the network section of your control panel and search for wireless networks. 2WIRE modems usually have a WEP encryption key on it, if it does it is probably written on the side near the back. It will guide you through the rest of the setup.


Hope it helps
  • business loan
  • hot myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment