Friday, August 20, 2010

Can someone help me enable wireless function with my new wireless modem?

I recently added AT and T DSL to my landline. My computer is a new HP w/ a Vista operating system. I have used my laptop on numerous other wireless networks. I have had all kinds of issues setting up this AT and T service and have previously had no problems with other services. I bought the wireless modem from AT and T ';2WIRE 2701HG-B';. I have gone through the entire AT and T setup a few times and the AT and T home network site. I have read several of the other answers on Y! Answers and they have not helped either. My modem is working on the ethernet, but I cannot figure out how to use wireless!! I am so frustrated - - if someone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to contact me directly!Can someone help me enable wireless function with my new wireless modem?
If you have wireless network follow these steps:





1:Open start/control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/services





2:And scroll down and go to wireless zero configuration and right click on that.And make sure that the startup tipe is automatic.





3:After you do that close everything and go again to start/control panel/network and internet connection/network connection/and right click on your wireless network and it has to be ennabel.Click it and you are done.





4:If accidently it says disable insted of enable this isnt your problem.Remember this isnt your problem only if it says disable if it is enble dont do this ok. Go to start/control panel/network and internet connection/network connection/and right click on your wireless network and hit properities.And go to wireless networks up there and click on use windows to configure your wireless network settings.And you are done.Can someone help me enable wireless function with my new wireless modem?
You're wireless router setup will need the MAC address put in probably.





This is the best help I can find about that:





http://support.2wire.com/?page=view%26amp;arti鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment