Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I make my Vista (32-bit) PC work with my router?

I'm trying to set up a home network using a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. My desktop computer (Vista 32bit) is connected to it via ethernet cable, the wireless capability is only going to be used for my laptops (xp). When I set it up, I am unable to access the internet through the router. It says ';local access only'; in the systray.





Now, the desktop PC communicates fine with the router, as I am able to get into its settings in my browser.


The router communicates with the internet, as I can access it from my XP laptops.


The routers website says its compatible with Vista, so I tried upgrading the firmware, that still didn't work. I'm at a dead end.





Any suggestions?





Thanks in advance.How can I make my Vista (32-bit) PC work with my router?
first go into the wireless settings of the router.





disable, then re enable it.


then disable the security of it. see if its a security problem.





if you are able to connect without security, then you can go in and chose different security options untill it works.





remember to use a few numbers and or special characters like ! in your passwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment