Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm having troubles connecting to my wireless signal with Ubuntu.?

I recently installed Ubuntu as a secondary OS on my Dell Inspiron 1501. I have it set up so when I start my computer I can choose to boot either Windows Vista Home Premium (The original OS on the computer) or the newest version of Ubuntu, 8.04. I have always been able to connect to the Internet through the wireless signal my router is outputting on Vista. Unfortunately when I boot Ubuntu I try to connect to the signal by going to the top bar, clicking the network icon and clicking connect to other wireless network. I than type the SSID of my wireless network: dlink. It trys to connect but fails. Can someone please give me instructions on how to connect to the signal? I would prefer being contacted by AIM other than this becuase I do not check my Yahoo account every day. So if you have an AIM screen name please send me a message there, my s/n is: ChaseMDuffin. Otherwise just post your answer here.I'm having troubles connecting to my wireless signal with Ubuntu.?
Check this out : http://penkin.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/u鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment