Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Question about network setup , dlink and DVR ?

I am trying to set up a Swann Surveillance (Security) system with my computer. I have 4 computers (3 desktop + 1 laptop) in total on my location. Primary computer ( Cashier Till) is connected with D link Router with Ethernet cable. Other 2 desktop computers and laptop are connected wirelessly with D link router. So this is the whole set up of computers. All desktop computers have windows XP professional in it but laptop have windows vista home premium in it





My ISP is already charging me for 2 IP addresses. Now I need another one for my security system DVR. I don鈥檛 want to spend too much money on it but I want to view it remotely. Somebody suggested me about dynDNS.com but I don鈥檛 know how this thing works with dlink routers . Could anybody please tell me the procedure how can I set it up for my whole network so that I can watch my DVR remotely without spending any extra money on it. Sorry for being so cheap but I already spent too much money on whole system and especially at this time of recession even single penny counts.





Thanks in advanceQuestion about network setup , dlink and DVR ?
To remotely view your DVR from outside your network really all you need is 1 static address. Give your router a static address. We'll say it's 177.20.20.1. Now from the DVR find out what port it's running on. Meaning if your instructions with the DVR say to go to an address like this 172.0.0.1:2506. Then the port your connecting through is 2506. Once you find out the port you have to connect through just set up port forwarding in your D Link Router. So as an example you log into your router and find the port forwarding options. Just choose to forward the port that the DVR uses and enter the ip or mac address of the DVR. Once successfully setup, whenever you enter the ip address of your router and the port for the DVR, your router will automatically traffic that to the DVR without it needing it's own static IP.

No comments:

Post a Comment