Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I set up a home network?

I have three computers at home. Currently they are all connected with ethernet cables to a router and are all able to independently access the internet connection. Currently only one is connected to a printer and I would like to network them together so that all three can print. I would also like to be able to share files between them.





One computer uses Vista and the other two use XP. The one using the printer would be the Master user and uses XP. I believe they are physically set up ready to go, but I have no idea what to do on the computers themselves to enable them to access each other. I am by no means an advanced user, so please make answers easy to follow and detailed.





Thanks so much :)How do I set up a home network?
If all three computers can access the internet through the same router then they are physically on the same network. Your wiring is correct!





For the software, Microsoft has you covered:





Start %26gt; Connect to %26gt; Show all connections %26gt; Set up a home or small office network

No comments:

Post a Comment