Friday, August 20, 2010

How much can I sell my computer for?

I have an HP m8100n (Media Center PC)





Specs:





Processor: AMD Athlon鈩?64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5600+





Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 430





Graphics Card: NVidia Geforce 6150 SE with 128MB dedicated





Memory: 8GB





Memory type: DDR2-SDRAM





Internal Hard Drive: 1TB (realisticly 931GB)





Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate





Network Interface: 10/100/1000BT integrated network interface.





External I/O ports: 6 USB 2.0 port(s), 2 FireWire (IEEE 1394) port(s), Microphone/Headphone; S-Video; Composite Video; Audio inputs (L %26amp; R), Microphone/Line-in/Line-out (back), 2 PS/2; Digital Audio-out; LAN; Rear speaker-out/Side speaker-out/Center (subwoofer); VGA-out;





Handheld remote control: HP Media Center remote control WITH IR (infrared) receiver





FM tuner with antenna.





Expansion slots


2 PCI slots (occupied), 1 PCI Express x16 slot slot(s) (occupied)





Memory card device: 15in1 memory card reader





I originally bought this computer at $900 in August of '07 and only upgraded the ram from 3gb to 8, vista home premium to ultimate and a 500GB hard drive to 1TB. I assumed with all the upgrades I could get around $1000 on ebay, $800 at the minimum but no bids after 7 days with 2 people watching it. It's on now for $450 with a reserve price set and have 13 watchers only assuming the price would go up, but as usual people are waiting to the last minute.





Am I picking a bad time to sell? Should I wait until summer when people have a bit more money? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!





p.s. sorry about all of these questionsHow much can I sell my computer for?
In answer to your question, all I can say is depreciation and a lack of warranty will greatly reduce the price from what you paid. Also you should do a search on ebay looking at the custom built gaming systems that are out there that are competing with you. I know yours is designed as a multimedia not gaming rig, but just look at what you can get. I think your just expecting way too much for your used HP





http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/lagunshy_c鈥?/a>





sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear.How much can I sell my computer for?
Even with the upgrades your computer's price is not going to go up. The fact that it is a media center and has Vista will not be much of a selling point to most. You could get a custom build computer with the same specs new for maybe 500-600. so even 450 for a used one might be a bit high, but that would be closer than 1000.
Sadly, the most ';valuable'; item you listed is the HDD.





I would say if you got $200, you would be most fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment