Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Need Help with home networking.?

I have a home network. my desktop and laptop connect to my router. The desktop is conected through a line and the laptop is wireless.





Here is my problem.





I want to openly share files (no password) on my network between the two computers freely. I keep tryin to do this but the computers seem to be redirecting themselves back toward their own harddrives.





For example. when i open my network i can see my lap top... i click on users and all i get is publc folder. not the name of the user running the laptop. the same thing happens from the laptop when i look for the user on the desktop.... its not there.





I have tried everything i can think of so far to make this work. im pretty computer savvy but ive never had to set up a home network before..





I read that i am supposed to click on a file.. go to share.. then add the username of the person on my network. i try this and it says (user not found) How am i supposed to set permissions for someone to acces files if the computer wont find that person to set up permissions for?





i tried looking here


http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows鈥?/a>


but as usual microsoft was unable to help me.





on a side note... both computers are using windows vista.Need Help with home networking.?
Make sure both computers are in same workgroup. Use the same user account and password to logon to the desktop and laptop. Create a share with the least restrictions, no password, full control etc. Should work!Need Help with home networking.?
Both your computers need to share a common name and folder.
  • business loan
  • hot myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment